Supported Independent Living
At Barossa Community Options, our disability accommodation options give people with a disability a place to call home, a place where you’ll feel safe and secure. Our support services are designed to give you every opportunity to learn new skills and develop independence.
Our accommodation and support services are flexible to meet your needs. Talk to us about what you are looking for:
- Long term shared accommodation
- Currently offering full time supported accommodation at 5 locations through the Barossa and Clare Valleys. Residents share with one or two other people. This service will continue to grow as suitable houses become available
- Emergency accommodation
- Each emergency is different and we can provide emergency accommodation in a shared home or individual dwelling, depending on the circumstances. We have the capacity to provide a supportive environment for people with challenging behaviours
- Short term stays
- Whether it is for a weekend, a week or longer, we can provide supportive accommodation while your Carers go on holiday or ‘take a break’
- Support in your own home
- We provide tailored support to increase your independent living skills in your own home
You can choose to have live-in support, or only for those times in the day when you need it. With Barossa Community Options, you can be assured that life with us will be lived as autonomously as possible. Our residents live like everyone else in the community.
Through a process of supported decision making and developmental education, our Support Staff will work with you to make your own decisions about budgeting, shopping, cooking meals, getting your housework done, going out with friends and pursuing your hobbies.
We provide information and social support to ensure you’re able to choose from a range of safe and healthy options. We’ll encourage and support you to live healthy, active and inclusive lives within the community. You’ll be supported to identify and live your own idea of a ‘good life’.
…and we have lots of fun! Our residents enjoy participating in a big variety of social activities.
For more information on any of these Supports, call and speak with Catherine Baylis on